Thursday, July 23, 2015

Imutable...

Have been doing some new panels! And a new layout! Since I decided that 22 VCF's wasn't enough I have done a layout for Oliver's VCF, the Ripples... Now all I need to find is the developer and I could have got a bit further this evening.... grrrrrrr....
I have also done a different Mutable Instruments module in a version of Peaks. I wasn't so keen on the button interface to select the mode and have done it with a gold old fashioned rotary switch. Nice and tactile in  Chicken Head knobs. I plan to do some Chaos generation with this module as well...


4 comments:

Tim Churches said...

Have you made much progress with adding additional functions to Peaks? Adding a Lorenz attractor from Streams to Peaks also occurred to me. My hacks so far at https://github.com/timchurches/Mutated-Mutables/commits/master

Cheers,

Tim C

Hotlblack Desiato said...

Thanks for the link to your Tweaks on GitHub. My Peaks is a bit more of a Frankenstein as it uses this board:

http://au.element14.com/infineon/kit-xmc-2go-xmc1100-v1/eval-board-xmc1100-cortex-m0-mcu/dp/2422880?ost=2422880&mckv=su6Yu1x1K|pcrid|59148083448&CMP=KNC-GOO-SHOPPING-2422880&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKEAjwyqOwBRDZuIO4p5SV8w0SJAAQoUSwGwTUg119FTznjugFYw5VhadK8W_Fnzkhewqfe6YnqBoC60_w_wcB&CAWELAID=120185580000296133&gross_price=true

It breaks out to 0.1" spacing nicely and uses a much cheaper DAC!
More info coming...

Tim Churches said...

Will the Peaks code fit on that Cortex-M0 board - it only has 64k of flash, and I think the Peaks code compiles to something larger than that? You might have to remove the Easter egg to fit it in.

Anyway, your module made me read up about Duff and Rossler - interesting!

Hotlblack Desiato said...

I have stripped out a lot of stuff... Especially since i am using keil arm compiler in demo mode so less than 32k! Since there are no drums (it just isnt fast enough) and a very simple ui i can still wringa fair bit out of it... Simple pcb almost here...