Monday, October 12, 2015

Wheel Barrow Walk...

OK as per a post a bit of a while ago (Imutable...) I have actually finished the prototype PCB for the mutant Peaks style board. Will try and etch it in the next day or so and do some testing. The name follows on from the Drowning by Numbers association. Since this one is using a fairly slow processor I thought that having Walk in the name seemed appropriate! I have probably gone a bit over the top with the heat-sinks. If people are happy to etch their own boards then this should be about a $30 build + panel & knobs... It is really only useful as LFO/Envelope Generator, not drums, but hopefully a useful learning/experimentation platform...

The Nyman album for the soundtrack to  Drowning by Numbers is one of my favorites and gets regularly listened to even though I bought it in 1991.

No comments: