Tuesday, November 24, 2015

0.8mm Vs 0.5mm

Have been designing some PCB's that I am going to have to get made... This is beyond the Press'n'Peel limitations... I am trying to make it compliant with DIY but there are going to have to be surface mount parts as the processors just aren't available in through hole. I suspect that it will still put people off but... I must admit that looking at some peoples handy work I am still amazed at how bad some of it is! On the flip side some of it is totally amazingly neat need as well... Looking at only using parts in 32pin QFP and 44pin QFP -- these are the only parts that have a 0.8mm spacing instead of the more common 0.5mm spacing. I have sort of got use to the higher density but I can see how it is a bridge too far for some people... There are significantly less parts available in those packages and perhaps more importantly significantly less on-chip-memory... This is a bit strange since the actual package size is still the same as 48pin/0.5mm QFP which seems to have truck loads of RAM... oh well we will see where this leads us...


No comments: